Our Shared Mail program provides positive results for a variety of businesses. ”That’s great” you say, “but what about my business? What can your shared mail program do to help my restaurant grow?” I am glad you asked that question! Here are just a few of the ways Shared Mail can work for your restaurant.
Shared Mail allows you the opportunity to put your advertising right into the hands of your prospects and customers. Your existing customers do not necessarily eat out on a weekly or even monthly basis so you must find ways to reach more prospects with your message. Your restaurant will generate more sales by reaching potential customers and current customers alike. Almost every household in your market area will consider eating out at some point in time and will most likely be asked by friends and family from away for a dining recommendation. Keep your restaurant top of mind by connecting with all of these prospects, with recurring frequency, and remind them of why your restaurant is their best choice.
Successful restaurants are using shared mail to bring people in to their establishment and keep them coming back. The restaurant industry reports sales of over $780 billion in 2016, which means that half of the work to market your restaurant has already been done! You don’t need to convince people that they should go out to eat you just need to convince them your restaurant is where they want to go. Shared mail is a tool that has proven to make that happen.
Use a combination of postcards, single sheets, and multi-page flyers to:
- Share your menu and mouthwatering images of your food
- Highlight your events, accolades, and community service involvement
- Offer specials (limited time coupons provide more immediate results and may encourage visitors who have been hesitant to try you in the past)
- Promote additional services you provide (take-out, catering, event hosting, etc.)
- Feature information about what makes your restaurant unique (outstanding view, locally sourced food, open during “off season”, and more)
- Remind everyone of your location, hours, and contact information
- If you are a season restaurant, let everyone know when you will be opening for the season and encourage a last visit before you close
Shared Mail works because it is a preferred method for receiving marketing from local businesses.
It offers a sense of familiarity that is hard to achieve with other advertising mediums. Consumers look in their mailboxes every day for compelling messages to help them make smart buying decisions.
- 72% of respondents in one survey read and keep the mail pieces that interest them
- 30% read and keep the mail pieces that interest others in their home
- 42% of consumers make one or more weekly purchases from the Shared Mail Package
- 44% of customers visit a brands website after receiving direct mail advertising.
- 39% of customers say they try a business for the first time because of direct mail advertising
It’s not a coincidence that direct mail marketing for restaurants is used more than in any other industry. The fact is that it works, and restaurant owners are seeing positive results.
If you are interested in learning more about how TMM’s Shared Mail program can help your restaurant grow, contact us today.
(Sources: DMNews 2008, Informational Resources, Inc. 2010, USPS Deliver Magazine January 2011, Pitney Bowes, Choose Print, Print Is Big, Rochester Institute of Technology, 2013 Advertising Tracking Study by TNS Customer Studies, Valassis 2011, 2014 Statistical Direct Mail Facts, The Little Book of Big Returns 2011, USPS Small Business Brochure)