Have you looked at a calendar recently? In case you missed it, Thanksgiving is almost here! Our day of Thanks is quickly followed by the shopping frenzy of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, & Cyber Monday. Then it’s on to Hanukkah and before you know it Christmas, Kwanzaa and gasp, New Years Day! If you do not have a solid holiday marketing plan in place, the fast pace of the next 6 weeks may seem overwhelming. Looking for a lifeline? All is not lost, take a deep breath and remember that there is still time for email marketing!
Why Email Marketing?
• Email marketing is easy, effective, and relatively inexpensive.
• It allows you to reach people on a 1 to 1 basis where they go everyday – their inbox.
• Email marketing helps you to keep top of mind awareness with your customers.
• It is easily shareable and highly trackable.
• Email also provides the opportunity to link to and drive traffic to your website and/or social media channels.
OK, But Does It Work?
In a word, Yes!
• 91% of consumers check they email daily.
• 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week.
• 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message.
Email marketing works great, but do you know when it works even better? When paired with direct marketing. Have a shared mailing scheduled for November or December? Talk with us about combining it with an email campaign to amplify the success! Other marketing plans you have in place can also be complimented with an email campaign to help you build buzz and excitement during the holiday season.
Who Do You Love?
Have an active customer list? Reach out and connect with those who are on it. Interested in increasing the size of your list or building a new one? Be sure to ask for email addresses at your register or consider using TMM’s consumer email list to reach shoppers in your area or demographic and ask them to sign up for your list on your website or social media pages. Don’t miss out on the chance to reach new customers during the busy shopping season!
What Do I Say?
Use an email campaign to offer seasons greeting, announce holiday sales and events, offer coupons or discounts, provide helpful gift giving ideas or decorating suggestions and remind people of your holiday hours.
Consider a follow-up email after the holiday rush. January is the perfect time to thank everyone on your list for being a valued customer and to encourage shopping during the slower early months of the year. Reward customers with a special offer during a visit during January or February and encourage them to bring a friend!
Let’s Do This!
Interested in discussing how an email marketing campaign can work for your business? Call TMM! We can help you with last minute holiday marketing ideas including shared mail, email, social media and more. Also review our 2015 Holiday Marketing Planner for ideas on what you should be doing over the next 6 weeks and as a guide to set yourself up for success next year.
(Sources: ExactTarget & Direct Marketing Association)