The Information We Collect
We also may collect, store and use certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our Web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows ’95 or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Earthlink). In addition, we aggregate data from multiple users in a manner that is not personally identifiable and use such data as we deem appropriate.
How We Use the Information
- Businesses We Do Not Control: At times, we may provide products and services on our Web site in cooperation with an unaffiliated third party. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of Our Web site and Others: We reserve the right to release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Site Use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of this company, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market to you those products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this Web site, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this Web site.
Finally, this Web site will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
To enhance your experience with our Web site, many of our Web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at our Web site. However, once you choose to furnish our Web site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
“Web beacons” or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a Web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, Web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a Web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on this Web site from time to time for this and other purposes.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites, Ad Servers and Sponsors
This Web site sometimes may offer products, services or content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, or promotions) that are sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties typically have access to the personally identifiable information that you submit, if any, in connection with that offering in order to participate in such particular Web site activity. Dominion Enterprises, its parent, affiliates and licensees have no control over these third parties’ use of this information. This Web site will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if these third parties will obtain such information.
Our Commitment to Security
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. To assist in keeping your personal information safe, you must use an SSL-enabled browser (i.e., Internet Explorer).
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure Web browser.
You may obtain information regarding the personally identifiable information that this Web site has collected about you online for the limited purpose of viewing and correcting any factual errors in such information. Access to personally identifiable information that is collected from our Web site may be accessible for a limited period of time from the point of collection. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Web site, return to that portion of the Web site to review the information you provided. Alternatively, you may send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting information about or corrections to your personally identifiable information Dominion Enterprises, Intellectual Property Administrator, P.O. Box 2576, Norfolk, VA 23501 or IPadministrator@dominionenterprises.com subject to verification procedures. To protect your privacy and security, we will take commercially reasonable steps to help verify your identity before providing information, granting access or making corrections.
Special Note for Parents
How to Contact Us
Updates and Effective Date