It’s snowing. Again. As a small business owner you know that despite being in winter’s icy grip now is the time to start planning for a successful spring season! Here is a quick list of tips to get you started.
1. Always start by looking back. What worked for you last year? What would you change?
2. Know your holidays! Go beyond the obvious and plan your advertising, special events, and other marketing efforts around special dates in March, April, & May.
3. Once you have your event dates set, it is time to consider how you will promote them. Use a marketing planner to help keep you organized and on track.
4. Determine what channels will make up the best mix for your spring marketing. Shared mail, newspaper, TV? Don’t forget email and social media. Add this information to your planner.
5. Consult with your TMM sales representative to schedule dates for shared mail advertising, email marketing, social media, and more. Contact us early in the process as we may have ideas to help with your planning!
6. Write down any advertising dates & deadlines in your planner.
7. Meet with your staff to brainstorm creative designs for your marketing and decorating ideas for your storefront. Write your best ideas in the planner so they are handy.
8. Create to-do lists with deadlines for ordering supplies, inventory, decorations and coordinating with any outside vendors.
9. Be sure to consider any additional staffing needs or changes in your hours of operation for the season.
10. Check your planner daily and execute the necessary steps to ensure a successful spring season with less stress and more sales.
As you go through the 2015 spring season, be sure to track the results of your efforts and create a summary or re-cap of the season. What worked and what didn’t? Why? What problems did you run into that you would like to avoid for next year? Include this summary at the bottom of your planner and file it for use when you are ready to plan for spring 2016.
Need help with your Spring Marketing Plan? Contact Us!