You have heard us say it before, and will definitely hear us say it again (and again). Direct Mail Works! In fact there are many recent articles that support the notion that in a crowded media world, direct mail response rates are on the rise. Often thought of as “old school”, direct mail remains one of the most effective hands-on tools to reach customers and spur prompt action.
People Like to Get Mail
• Its delivered to their home through no effort on their part
• It can be fun (if you get creative and think outside of the box)
• A way to save money (who doesn’t like a good deal)
• It’s informative (people are curious)
• It’s easily kept for future reference or use (consider a magnet, they can then post on the fridge)
What is Old is New
One of the largest benefits of direct mail is that it puts a tangible product in the hands of prospects and customers. Using technology to digitize your direct mail piece provides the opportunity for even greater value by engaging your customers and prospects online. What do people do after they get mail?
• 79% of consumers say that they act on direct mail immediately
• 44% visit a brands’ website
• 34% search online for more information about the product
• 26% keep the mailing for future reference
Results – Amplified
Today direct mail can do more than simply deliver messages on a page. A quick scan, swipe, or tap of a smartphone can automatically connect recipients to your business by phone or email, send them to your website or social media pages, launch a video, allow them to make an online purchase, and more.
When you combine the power of a successful direct mail campaign with digital media you get all the benefits of each media channel – amplified.
• Provide recipients more than one way to respond to your offer
• Increase traffic to your website and social media sites
• Increase engagement with visitors
• Multiply your audience
• Earn more qualified leads
• Increase sales
Your customers and prospects are likely active both online and off. Bringing your direct mail campaign online will provide you with those important touches and allow you to connect with them at both “locations” to reinforce your message.
Our next blog post will provide you with suggestions on how to use new technology to digitize your direct mail campaigns (Direct Mail Goes Digital).
If you are interested in amplifying your direct mail results, call us! WE CAN HELP.
Sources: “Consumer study reveals ‘direct mail matters’ in connected world,” July 11, 2013