There is a crisp chill in the air, leaves are falling, children are heading off to school and … wait … what? Didn’t summer begin like yesterday? Most of us are not thinking about fall in the middle of July. The reality for small and medium businesses is that these warm summer months are the perfect time to plan marketing campaigns for the fall. End of summer sales, back to school specials, inventory close-outs, fall household projects, and the list goes on. If these events are not on your radar in July, your register will not be ringing come September.
Here is a quick list of tips to help you plan for successful fall marketing:
1. Always start by looking back. What worked for you last year? What would you change?
2. Know your holidays! Go beyond the obvious and plan your advertising, special events, and other marketing efforts around special dates in August, September, & October.
3. Once you have your event dates set, it is time to consider how you will promote them. Use a marketing planner to help keep you organized and on track.
5. Consult with your TMM sales representative to schedule dates for direct mail advertising, email marketing, social media, and more.
6. Write down any advertising dates & deadlines in your planner.
7. Meet with your staff to brainstorm creative designs for your marketing and decorating ideas for your storefront. Write your best ideas in the planner so they are handy.
8. Create to-do lists with deadlines for ordering supplies, inventory, decorations and coordinating with any outside vendors.
9. Be sure to consider any additional staffing needs or changes in your hours of operation for the season.
10. Check your planner daily and execute the necessary steps to ensure a successful fall season with less stress and more sales.
As you go through the 2015 fall season, be sure to track the results of your efforts and create a summary or re-cap of your success. What worked for you and what didn’t? Why? What problems did you run into that you would like to avoid for next year? Include this summary at the bottom of your planner and file it for use when you are ready to plan for fall 2016.
Ready to get started? Contact us today and let one of our knowledgeable sales reps guide and assist you with a successful fall marketing campaign.