As a small business owner you know how important the holiday season is to your bottom line. If you don’t already have a strong holiday marketing plan in place, now is the time to start. In 2014 19.3% of consumers had started their holiday shopping by the end of September and another 22.1% started in October. Set yourself up to capture these early holiday shoppers by using our helpful 2015 Holiday Marketing Planner to create the perfect plan and ensure you don’t miss out on any holiday marketing opportunities.
• Start by looking at what worked for you last year.
• Look ahead at special dates and holidays for the current year including the dates for any special holiday events in your town.
• Set dates for your own sales or special events.
• Determine what channels will be the best mix for your holiday marketing. Shared mail, newspaper, TV? How about email and social media?
• Consult with your TMM sales representative to schedule dates for shared mail advertising, email marketing, social media, and more. Contact us early in the process as we may have ideas to help with your planning!
• Write down any advertising dates & deadlines on your planner.
• Meet with your staff to brainstorm creative designs for your marketing and decorating ideas for your storefront. Write your best ideas on the planner so they are handy.
• Create to-do lists in advance for ordering supplies, inventory, decorations and coordinating with any outside vendors.
• Have a limited budget? Check out these ideas from the SBA for how to make the most out of it.
Want to be ahead of the game for 2016? As you go through the 2015 season, be sure to track the results of all of your marketing tactics and special events. Create a summary of the results on your planner. What worked and what didn’t? Why? What problems did you run into that you would like to avoid for next year? Keep a copy of your 2015 planner and summary in a folder that will be handy to review when it is once again time to start planning for the next successful holiday season.
To have the most current posts and other TMM news & information sent directly to your inbox, subscribe today!