- Super Bowl Sunday is the 2nd largest food consumption day in America (US Dept of Agriculture)
- It is the busiest day of the year for pizza restaurants – up to 5x busier than usual (National Restaurant Association)
- 5 million pizza’s are sold with an average order of $26.45 (RetailMeNot)
That’s a lot of pizza! Wouldn’t you like a piece of that pie?
The popularity of pizza on game day does not mean that you can simply sit back and cash in. Savvy restaurant owners will take advantage of this event to capture their share of the windfall and set themselves up for recurring business and success that will last all year long.
Tips to Increase Business on Super Bowl Sunday
- Advertise throughout January and support your efforts with social media to build the hype
- Tie your message in with the event, but be sure your promotion is all about your brand and not the game itself
- Be sure you are prepared with inventory and strong staffing
- Create a special menu for the even – be sure to offer the foods that customer want, but limiting overall choices to make life easier for your staff
- In addition to obvious choices like pizza and wings, consider a special item or two that will set you apart from other pizza shops in town
Use Shared Mail to put your advertising piece right in your prospect or customers hand.
Our Shared Mail program provides positive results for a variety of businesses including those in the business of providing pizza! Use our program to let everyone know about your delicious pizza and special offers for Super Bowl Sunday.
Shared mail is a highly flexible tool in any pizza restaurant’s marketing arsenal. Tangible and eye-catching, a well-designed shared mail piece promotes brand awareness and boosts your credibility with both your customers and prospects.
Successful pizza restaurants are using shared mail to create awareness, attract a loyal following, and keep bringing people in to their establishment. You don’t need to convince people that they should order pizza for the Super Bowl you just need to convince them to order it from you. Shared mail is a tool that has proven to make that happen.
Use our postcards, single sheets, or a multi-page flyer to:
- Showcase your menu and mouthwatering images of your food
- Promote delivery and/or takeout, party platters, and other menu suggestions
- Offer up coupons and deals tied to the big game
- Encourage customer to place their orders in advance to allow you time to stock up and prepare your staff
- Remind everyone of your location, game day hours, and contact information
Make the most of this high traffic day to showcase your restaurant and encourage customer loyalty that will last all year long.
Shared Mail works because it is a preferred method for receiving marketing from local businesses.
It offers a sense of familiarity that is hard to achieve with other advertising mediums. Consumers look in their mailboxes every day for compelling messages to help them make smart buying decisions.
- 72% of respondents in one survey read and keep the mail pieces that interest them
- 30% read and keep the mail pieces that interest others in their home
- 42% of consumers make one or more weekly purchases from the Shared Mail Package
- 44% of customers visit a brands website after receiving direct mail advertising.
- 39% of customers say they try a business for the first time because of direct mail advertising
If you are interested in learning more about how TMM’s Shared Mail program can help you cash in on Super Bowl Sunday, contact us today.
(Sources: DMNews 2008, Informational Resources, Inc. 2010, USPS Deliver Magazine January 2011, Pitney Bowes, Choose Print, Print Is Big, Rochester Institute of Technology, 2013 Advertising Tracking Study by TNS Customer Studies, Valassis 2011, 2014 Statistical Direct Mail Facts, The Little Book of Big Returns 2011, USPS Small Business Brochure)