Our Shared Mail program provides positive results for a variety of businesses. ”That’s great” you say, “but what about my business? What can your shared mail program do to help me improve the bottom line of my home furnishings store?” I am glad you asked that question! Here are just a few of the ways Shared Mail can work for your furniture, appliance, or mattress store.
Shared Mail allows you the opportunity to put your advertising right into the hands of your prospects and customers. Furniture, appliances, and mattresses are not everyday needs and are typically not impulse buys. Because of this you must find ways to keep your store and your brand top of mind with your customers while simultaneously reaching more prospects with your message. Almost every household in your marketing area will consider a large household purchase at some point in time and will likely ask friends and family for recommendations before spending time comparison shopping for the best brands, pricing, and services. It makes sense to connect with all of these prospects, with recurring frequency, and remind them of your store, the brands you carry, and what makes you the best choice to fill their needs.
Successful furniture, appliance & mattress stores are using shared mail to build traffic and create top of mind awareness. Use a combination of postcards, single sheets, and multipage flyers to:
- Reinforce your key theme and messaging (high quality at a low price, large inventory, specialty brands and products)
- Highlight your top brands and price points (be sure to make use of any co-op dollars you have available to help improve your ROI)
- Showcase high quality photographs of your products in a way that allows recipients to picture the products in their home and encourages them to come and see the quality for themselves.
- Offer specials (holiday sales events, BOGO offers, close-outs, scratch & dent, promotional giveaways, and limited time coupons provide more immediate results and may encourage visitors who have been hesitating to make the purchase)
- Promote additional services you provide (price matching, free delivery, free assembly, pick-up & removal of old furniture or appliances, etc)
- Feature information about what makes your store unique (lounge area for children, lay-a-way or financing options)
- Remind everyone of your location, hours, and contact information
Shared Mail works because it is a preferred method for receiving marketing from local businesses.
It offers a sense of familiarity that is hard to achieve with other advertising mediums. Consumers look in their mailboxes every day for compelling messages to help them make smart buying decisions.
- 72% of respondents in one survey read and keep the mail pieces that interest them
- 30% read and keep the mail pieces that interest others in their home
- 42% of consumers make one or more weekly purchases from the Shared Mail Package
- 44% of customers visit a brands website after receiving direct mail advertising.
- 39% of customers say they try a business for the first time because of direct mail advertising
The fact is that shared mail works, and furniture stores are seeing positive results.
If you are interested in learning more about how TMM’s Shared Mail program can help your home furnishings or appliance store grow, contact us today.
(Sources: DMNews 2008, Informational Resources, Inc. 2010, USPS Deliver Magazine January 2011, Pitney Bowes, Choose Print, Print Is Big, Rochester Institute of Technology, 2013 Advertising Tracking Study by TNS Customer Studies, Valassis 2011, 2014 Statistical Direct Mail Facts, The Little Book of Big Returns 2011, USPS Small Business Brochure)