In case you didn’t notice, there are only 44 shopping days until Christmas! The holiday shopping season is in full swing and if you have not started to execute a solid holiday marketing plan, the fast pace of the next 6 weeks may seem overwhelming. Looking for a lifeline? All is not lost, take a deep breath and remember that there is still time for email marketing!
Why Email Marketing?
• Email marketing is easy, effective, and relatively inexpensive.
• It allows you to reach people on a 1 to 1 basis where they go everyday – their inbox.
• Email marketing helps you to keep top of mind awareness with your customers.
• It is easily shareable and highly trackable.
• Email also provides the opportunity to link to and drive traffic to your website and/or social media channels.
• Email is a perfect way to support and enhance your other holiday marketing efforts.
Does It Work? Yes!
• 91% of consumers check they email daily.
• 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week.
• 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message.
Email marketing works great, but do you know when it works even better? When paired with Shared Mail. Have a mailing scheduled for November or December? Talk with us about combining it with an email campaign to amplify the success! Other marketing plans you have in place can also be complimented with an email campaign to help you build buzz and excitement during the holiday season.
Make your list, check it twice!
Have an active customer list? Reach out and connect with those who are on it. Interested in increasing the size of your list or building a new one? Be sure to ask for email addresses at your register or consider using TMM’s consumer email list to reach shoppers in your area and ask them to sign up for your list on your website or social media pages. Don’t miss out on the chance to reach new customers during the busy shopping season!
What Do I Say?
Use an email campaign to offer seasonal greetings, announce holiday sales and events, offer coupons or discounts, provide helpful gift giving ideas or decorating suggestions and remind people of your holiday hours.
Consider a follow-up email after the holiday rush. January is the perfect time to thank everyone on your list for being a valued customer and to encourage shopping during the slower early months of the new year. Reward customers with a special offer to use during a visit in January or February and encourage them to bring a friend!
It’s not too late! Talk with a TMM Sales Representative today and let us help you reach out to your customers and prospects with a holiday or year-end message.
(Sources: ExactTarget & Direct Marketing Association)