Our Shared Mail program provides positive results for a variety of businesses. “That’s great” you say, “but what about my business? What can your shared mail program do to help my dealership or service center grow?” I am glad you asked that question! Here are just a few of the ways Shared Mail can work for your dealership.
Shared Mail allows you the opportunity to put your advertising piece right in your prospects and customers hands. Your existing customers do not typically buy a new car every month so you must find ways to reach more prospects with your message. Your dealership will generate more sales by reaching potential customers and current customers alike. Almost every household in your territory will be in the market for either a new or used vehicle at some point in time and will more than likely have a vehicle that needs service. It only makes sense to connect with all of these prospects, with recurring frequency, and remind them of your brand and the services you provide.
Successful dealerships are using shared mail to bring people to their lot which in turn generates leads, helps to retain current customers, and increases sales in their service departments. Use a combination of postcards, single sheets, and multi-page flyers to:
- Introduce your dealership, the brands you represent, and staff (both sales and service) to everyone in your territory
- Showcase your new or used car inventory
- Share news about special sales and events
- Increase awareness of the services offered in your service department
- Encourage new and repeat visits by offering specials on routine maintenance geared towards the season (spring tune-ups, winter tire change-over, summer travel needs, fall preparation, and more)
Shared Mail works because it is a preferred method for receiving marketing from local businesses.
It offers a sense of familiarity that is hard to achieve with other advertising mediums. Consumers look in their mailboxes every day for compelling messages to help them make smart buying decisions.
- 72% of respondents in one survey read and keep the mail pieces that interest them
- 30% read and keep the mail pieces that interest others in their home
- 42% of consumers make one or more weekly purchases from the Shared Mail Package
- 44% of customers visit a brands website after receiving direct mail advertising
- 39% of customers say they try a business for the first time because of direct mail advertising
If you are interested in learning more about how TMM’s Shared Mail program can help your dealership grow, contact us today.
(Sources: DMNews 2008, Informational Resources, Inc. 2010, USPS Deliver Magazine January 2011, Pitney Bowes, Choose Print, Print Is Big, Rochester Institute of Technology, 2013 Advertising Tracking Study by TNS Customer Studies, Valassis 2011, 2014 Statistical Direct Mail Facts, The Little Book of Big Returns 2011, USPS Small Business Brochure)