The holiday season is the time of year that requires a strong marketing plan to ensure success. If you don’t already have a plan in place, take some time now to think about how you can make the most of this holiday season. Reduce your stress level by following the steps below to outline a plan that will ensure you will not miss out on any holiday marketing opportunities.
- Start by looking back at what worked for you last year.
- Look ahead at special dates and holidays for the current year including the dates for any special holiday events in your town.
- Set the dates for your own sales or special events.
- Determine what channels will be the best mix for your holiday marketing. Direct mail, newspaper, TV? How about email and social media? Write out your plans in the helpful notes section below.
- Consult with your TMM sales representative to discuss options and schedule in-home dates for shared, solo, or list mailings. Consult with your sales rep early in the process as they may have some ideas to help with your planning.
- Use a planner or calendar to keep track of advertising dates, plans, & deadlines.
- Meet with your staff to brainstorm creative design ideas for your marketing and decorating ideas for the storefront. Write your best ideas in the planner so they are handy.
- Create to-do lists in advance for ordering supplies, inventory, decorations and coordinating with any outside vendors.
- Refresh your online look by adding a holiday theme to your website and social media channels.
- Be sure to consider any additional staffing needs or changes in your hours of operation for the season.
- Check your planner daily and execute the necessary steps to ensure a successful holiday season with less stress and more sales.
Wrap It Up!
As you go through the 2017 season, be sure to track the results of all of your marketing tactics and special events. Create a summary or re-cap of the results in your planner. What worked and what didn’t? Why? What problems did you run into that you would like to address for next year? Make notes and be sure to review this document before you begin your plan for the 2018 holiday season.
Contact TMM today and let us help you prepare for a successful holiday season!